We are still experiencing some illness in the building, so visitors continue to be screened at the main entrance. Residents who are showing symptoms of the flu or upper respiratory illness are still enjoying room service and room visits from our staff and Angelina the activity director. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the facility and speak with the staff or med tech from your loved one’s hall.
We will start screening visitors tomorrow!
Any residents who were not sick or symptomatic had dinner in the dinning room this evening. Our Physician’s Assistant will be on site tomorrow to check in on our residents who were sick and hopefully give clearance to all residents to have full access to our facility. (People who have been sick with fever, cough, congestion, or any flu-like symptoms in the past 24 hours will not be permitted in the building.)
We do apologize for any inconvenience this has created for families or friends. Please continue to practice good hand washing and use a mask if you like. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available upon entry.
Please use the original main entrance to the building (where the offices are located), because all other entrances will be locked.
Thank you again for your patience!
Oak Hill Living Center remains under quarantine due to three active cases of flu currently in the building. THANK YOU to everyone who has expressed concern and support! The Health Department continues to advise us to restrict all visitors in order to protect residents, staff and visitors. Not only is the flu active in the building, entry and re-entry to the building increases the risk of exposure.
What’s happening behind the closed doors? You can be assured that residents are being monitored, safe and healthy.
- All staff and medical professionals look like surgeons–they are wearing face masks.
- Residents remain in their rooms to minimize the spread of germs.
- Staff are serving meals and snacks with disposable paper products to the rooms, and then returning to collect trash after each meal.
- Showers continue to be given three times per week as regularly scheduled.
- Doctors Making House Calls doctors are making rounds as usual.
- Therapists are making regular visits.
- Housekeeping and laundry continues 7 days per week.
- The activity director is making room visits since all group activities are cancelled.
- All transports for non-essential appointments are being rescheduled.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We will continue to post updates as available.
Due to the outbreak of the flu virus, Oak Hill Living Center is now under quarantine by order of Harnett County Health Department. Visitors are not allowed at this time. Please contact your friends and family via telephone or email until the quarantine is lifted. All residents are restricted to their rooms. All meals are being delivered to resident rooms, aka “room service.” All staff are wearing protective gear including face masks and gloves to prevent the spread of germs. Huge shout out to our dynamic team for working together to get through this challenge. Check back here or on our Facebook page for updates.